Despite needing a late goal to come away with a tie against No. 5 Springfield Cathedral, BC High keeps the title of top team in this week's Globe boys' hockey Top 20.
The Eagles (9-0-3) edge out league rival Malden Catholic (8-3-0), which maintains the second spot even with its 3-2 loss to Catholic Memorial Saturday night. Austin Prep (8-2-2) holds steady at No. 3, while the Knights jump three spots to No. 4, their highest placement this season.
The largest jump this week comes from Duxbury, which checks into the Top 20 at No. 13 after being unranked last week. The Dragons have posted shutouts in four of their last six games as they have rallied for a 7-1-3 record. Marshfield had the steepest fall this week, dropping from No. 9 to 14 after losing to Duxbury and just barely squeaking by a one-win Plymouth North squad.
Watertown enters the poll at No. 18 as the Division 3 Raiders continue to surprise in a competitive Middlesex League. Watertown is tied for first place in the Freedom Division with Burlington and Melrose, both Division 1 schools.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.