BC High hockey junior forward Patrick Kramer gave a verbal commitment Friday morning to the coaching staff at Merrimack College, according to multiple reports.
Mike McMahon of College Hockey News was the first to report Kramerís commitment.
Through seven games, Kramer leads BC High in points (16) and assists (12) and is third on the team in goals (4) behind linemates Jake Lemanski and Steve DeForge. He finished second on the team in points as a sophomore.
The commitment caps off a memorable week for Kramer. The 6-foot-1-inch, 180-pound Bridgewater native collected four assists Tuesday night to help the No. 3 Eagles snap Malden Catholicís 15-game win streak with a 5-3 victory over the top-ranked Lancers.
Kramerís commitment continues the line of recent Eagles who have gone on to don the Warrior blue and gold. Merrimack coach Mark Dennehy is himself a graduate of BC High (Class of 1986), while goalies Joe Cannata (Vancouver) and Sam Marotta manned the crease for the Eagles before jumping to the ranks of Hockey East.
Kramer and the Eagles will look to continue their undefeated start Saturday afternoon as they head south to take on Bishop Hendricken (R.I.). Puck drop at Meehan Rink, on the campus of Brown University, is set for 4 p.m.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.