The New England Revolution will hold a series of military-themed events and activities at Saturday's match vs. the Houston Dynamo as part of "Salute to Heroes" day.
Tickets to the game have been distributed to more than 3,500 service members and their families.
The events and activities to be held at Patriot Place Plaza and Gillette Stadium parking lots include:
- Army and Marine H-3 vehicles display
- Pull-up bars competitions
- Dog-tag-making machine
- Cell Phones for Soldiers will collect gently used cell phones to distribute to soldiers overseas
- Digger Dawg Armed Forces Entertainment act
- Honor guard featuring one member of each military service branch
- Liberty Band will perform the national anthem
- A large United States flag will be presented on-field for the national anthem
- Army and Marine servicemen will face off in a halftime competition
The author is solely responsible for the content.
Translate this page
To our readers,
We've added a translation feature to the Corner Kicks blog to assist readers who may be more comfortable reading another language.
Google Translate is not perfect -- we're aware of that -- but it is quite good at getting the main points of the story across. We've successfully used it on The Big Picture, Boston.com's extremely popular world photography site. I'd be eager to hear your feedback on its use in Corner Kicks, in whatever language.
David Beard, Editor, Boston.com