Send Tips to TIPS@BOSTON.COM
A Massachusetts native traveling through Germany got swept up in World Cup mania. “It was something like a combination of the Red Sox winning the World Series and the Fourth of July in Boston, but with a lot fewer police barriers.” German Machine Finally Triumphant Pictures: An End to the World Cup with Germany Victorious
Argentina’s greatest historical soccer legend took issue with the country’s current superstar receiving the Golden Ball award for the World Cup’s best player.
When a trip to the World Cup final is on the line, you’ve got to give it your all. But even with that steadfast rule, Javier Mascherano probably gave a little more than he wanted to. Argentina Reaches World Cup Final After Penalties GIF: Pope Francis is Psyched for Argentina-Netherlands That First Netherlands Missed Penalty Shot Almost Went In
Got World Cup fever? Take a look back at when the US Women’s team won the World Cup at the Rose Bowl in California 15 years ago on July 10, 1999. The US team defeated China in a 5-4 penalty shootout after a scoreless regulation. Brazil-Germany Was the Most Discussed Sporting Event Ever on Twitter
- Latest Developments in Blackstone Infant Deaths Case
- Grinding to a Question Mark: What's Up With the Patriots' Offense?
- Jonathan Papelbon Gets Booed By Philly Fans, Grabs Crotch, Gets Ejected
- 5 Takeaways From Patriots-Vikings
- Boston Magazine Pulls 2014 Private School Rankings After Series of Major Corrections
- Patriots vs. Vikings Stock Report: Defense Steps Up After Sloppy Start
- Top 50 scariest horror movies of all time
- Man rescued from Mount Washington
- Jenny Dell Talks About Her New Role at CBS, the NFL, and the Patriots
- Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights Display Possible Tonight and Beyond