Send Tips to TIPS@BOSTON.COM
A Massachusetts native traveling through Germany got swept up in World Cup mania. “It was something like a combination of the Red Sox winning the World Series and the Fourth of July in Boston, but with a lot fewer police barriers.” German Machine Finally Triumphant Pictures: An End to the World Cup with Germany Victorious
Argentina’s greatest historical soccer legend took issue with the country’s current superstar receiving the Golden Ball award for the World Cup’s best player.
When a trip to the World Cup final is on the line, you’ve got to give it your all. But even with that steadfast rule, Javier Mascherano probably gave a little more than he wanted to. Argentina Reaches World Cup Final After Penalties GIF: Pope Francis is Psyched for Argentina-Netherlands That First Netherlands Missed Penalty Shot Almost Went In
Got World Cup fever? Take a look back at when the US Women’s team won the World Cup at the Rose Bowl in California 15 years ago on July 10, 1999. The US team defeated China in a 5-4 penalty shootout after a scoreless regulation. Brazil-Germany Was the Most Discussed Sporting Event Ever on Twitter
- A's Lose In Thriller, Now Only Money and Time Left Between Lester and the Red Sox
- Patriots Report Card: Week 4 Performance on Monday Night Football Forces Academic Probation
- The No. 1 Reason the Red Sox Stunk in 2014 Will Shock You
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Asks What Women Want; Women Ask WTF?
- Don't Write Off The Patriots Just Yet
- Dennis & Callahan Edges Toucher & Rich, While Sports Hub 3d, WEEI 5th in Summer Ratings
- Report: Obama rode elevator with armed man
- Body Found in Mission Hill Park
- Father of Teen Indicted in ‘Snapchat’ Rape Case Arrested, Charged With Misleading Police
- New York Post Reaches Settlement in Boston Marathon Libel Case