25 QUINTESSENTIAL BOSTON THINGS TO DO EVERY YEAR
Welcome a flood of childhood memories by taking a ride on the Greenway Carousel, a classic landmark in Downtown Boston.
While you’re down there, take advantage of the many activities on the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway between Faneuil Hall and the North End.
Dates: The Carousel is open for the summer, usually between May and October.
Aram Boghosian for The Boston Globe
- Choose another
- Mark your calendars
- Swan Boats
- Boston Marathon
- Attend a parade in one of Boston’s neighborhoods
- Experiment at cocktail and craft beer bars
- Sullivan’s on Castle Island
- Mother’s Day Parade
- Bike, bike, bike!
- Fourth of July
- Cape Cod and the islands
- Explore Boston’s neighborhoods
- Greenway Carousel
- North End festivals
- Hang out in the trendy Seaport, Kendall Square areas
- Allston Christmas
- Head of the Charles
- ‘What the Fluff?’ fest
- Salem Halloween
- Apple picking and leaf peeping
- During Thanksgiving, visit Plimoth Plantation
- Go to a Celtics game
- Frog Pond
- Boston Common Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Truck Day
- Saint Patrick’s Day
- First Night Boston and Polar Plunge