25 QUINTESSENTIAL BOSTON THINGS TO DO EVERY YEAR
We know it’s spring in Boston when swans are released into the lagoon of the Boston Public Garden. The Swan Boats were first launched in 1877 and have since been a time-honored tradition for more than 100 years.
Keep an eye for the launch date, and whether you’re local or not, make sure you spend time in one of the area’s most scenic spots.
Date: It varies every year and depends on the weather. Keep an eye for dates on the official website.
The Boston Globe
- Choose another
- Mark your calendars
- Swan Boats
- Boston Marathon
- Attend a parade in one of Boston’s neighborhoods
- Experiment at cocktail and craft beer bars
- Sullivan’s on Castle Island
- Mother’s Day Parade
- Bike, bike, bike!
- Fourth of July
- Cape Cod and the islands
- Explore Boston’s neighborhoods
- Greenway Carousel
- North End festivals
- Hang out in the trendy Seaport, Kendall Square areas
- Allston Christmas
- Head of the Charles
- ‘What the Fluff?’ fest
- Salem Halloween
- Apple picking and leaf peeping
- During Thanksgiving, visit Plimoth Plantation
- Go to a Celtics game
- Frog Pond
- Boston Common Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Truck Day
- Saint Patrick’s Day
- First Night Boston and Polar Plunge