Chili-spiced yellowfin tuna tortillas— Tony DeRienzo, Waterfront Grille
- 1 piece yellowfin tuna (8 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 12 crisp tortillas
- ¼ cup soy sauce (for sprinkling)
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
1. Light a charcoal or gas grill.
2. In a bowl, combine the cayenne pepper, sugar, salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Roll tuna on all sides in the oil mixture. Grill tuna on each side for about 1 minute.
3. Remove tuna from the grill and slice it thinly. Place a slice on each tortilla. Add mango and avocado. Sprinkle with soy sauce and garnish with cilantro.