Lamb or shrimp souvlaki— Rodney Murillo, Avila
- 1½ pounds lamb tenderloin or 1½ pounds peeled shrimp
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Cut lamb into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, mint, crushed pepper, and parsley. Add the lamb or shrimp and refrigerate for several hours.
3. Light a charcoal or gas grill heats up. Thread the lamb or shrimp on skewers. Grill the lamb for about 8 minutes for medium rare or the shrimp for 10 minutes, turning often. Serve with an heirloom tomato salad and crumbled Greek feta.