Cuban-style grilled skirt steak and peppers— Jason Santos, Gargoyles
- 1½ teaspoons each ground cumin and coriander, toasted and ground
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 each red and green peppers, cored and cut into thin slices
- Juice of 3 limes, or more to taste
- 4 flour tortillas (12 inches)
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Light a charcoal or gas grill.
2. Press the cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper into the steaks. Grill over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on a side (for medium-rare) or a few minutes more for medium done meat.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. When it is hot, add the garlic, onions, and bell peppers. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Transfer to a serving bowl.
4. Cut the steaks into strips, add them to vegetables, and squeeze the limes over the mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with warm tortillas and sour cream.