Thanksgiving means a lot of things to a lot of people. Turkey and mashed potatoes, Pilgrims and Native Americans, football and the couch -- you get it. For some, it also means a morning road race, called a "turkey trot," where the winner is traditionally awarded a turkey to take home for the Thanksgiving table.
Below are some links to road races happening on Thanksgiving this year. Search all upcoming running events here.
- Concord Turkey Trot
- Soul Sister 5K Turkey Trot in Kingston
- 5th Annual Gobble Wobble 5K in Southborough
- Wild Turkey 5 mile run in Salem
- Marathon Sports 15th annual Gobble Gobble Gobble 4 mile race in Somerville
- Chase the Turkey 4.2 mile cross-country race in Falmouth
- Boston Volvo 5K road race in Brighton
- 19th Annual Julie Rodick Dreamcatcher Classic 5 miler in Weymouth
- Feaster Five road race in Andover
Stephanie Callahan is a native Bostonian who loves cooking, traveling, spa treatments, and being on the ocean.
Meghan Colloton is a Bostonian who loves traveling, channeling her inner Julia Child, and trying weird things -- from food to bungee jumping.
Milva DiDomizio is a New England native who's fond of cooking, singing, and Boston's arts and culture scene.
Rachel Raczka is a Bostonian who enjoys buttercream frosting, gin cocktails, and conquering cobblestone streets in high heels.
Emily Sweeney is a Boston native who goes out all over, from Irish pubs in Southie to the roller rink in Dorchester.
Emily Wright is a native Cape Codder who enjoys exercising, baking, and the occasional guilty pleasure action movie.