Posted by guest May 21, 2010 08:46 AM
As if we needed more reasons to visit, Wellfleet residents offer a season of events whose proceeds support the renovation of their community’s downtown heart, Preservation Hall. Read about Preservation Hall’s traveling wood carver, and visit wellfleetpreservationhall.org for complete event details.
* Birdhouse Sanctuaries Auction, Sunday, May 30 -- Auction of one-of-a-kind birdhouses created by artists, artisans, and community members using recycled wood and slate which were once part of Wellfleet Preservation Hall.
* 2nd Annual Garden Tour, June 27 – Outstanding gardens of Wellfleet will offer visitors a rare chance to discover both intimate and sprawling gardens where perennials live happily beside cabbages and herbs. $35 per person.
* Richard Shindell Concert, Thursday, July 29 -- An expatriate New Yorker now living in Argentina, Shindell is a meticulous craftsman of weaving tales through song. Scott Alarik described him for the Boston Globe as: “A master builder of songs, always leading listeners toward the emotional essence of the moment and character he is evoking.” Tickets: $28 General Admission; $45. Contact: Nicolas@wellfleetpreservationhall.org for more information.
* Reading by Marge Piercy. Wednesday, August 11, 8:00 p.m. – Praised as one of the few American writers who are accomplished poets as well as novelists, Piercy is a master of many genres: historical novels, science fiction, novels of social comment and contemporary entertainments. $25 per Person. Contact, email@example.com for more information.
* Oyster Plate Auction at OysterFest, October 16 & 17 -- The first annual auction of oyster plates painted by artists.
Posted by Patricia Borns, Globe correspondent
Photo by Patricia Borns for the Boston Globe