Mainers may say otherwise, but it is indeed possible to find a good lobster roll outside of Vacationland.
At least, that was the mission at The Daily Meal, which ranked the 20-best lobster rolls outside of Maine, with eight New England locales making the list, four of them from Massachusetts.
Here’s how the locals fared:
19) Belle Aisle Seafood, Boston
14) Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant, Newport, RI
12) The Bayside Restaurant, Westport
10) Offshore Ale, Oak Bluffs
9) Jim’s Dock, Jerusalem, RI
7) Neptune Oyster, Boston
5) B&G Oysters, Boston
3) Champlin’s, Narragansett, RI
New York’s Pearl Oyster Bar took the top spot on the list, and for the record, The Daily Meal does think that Red’s Eats, in Wiscasset, boasts the best lobster roll in Maine. That, unlike the Oyster Bar, is sure to be a popular opinion in New England.