Never one to shy away from a good party, the Hyatt Regency Newport is putting good fun to a good cause. Pack up and head to Newport on Friday, Oct. 7 at 5:30pm, and join the hotel's Stillwater Spa "Pink Martini Night", an event aimed at raising funds and building awareness for breast cancer research.
The event features everything from signature cocktails to silent auctions, live music and and even a "boob art installation", presented by the hotel's partner Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.
For a $20 donation at the door, you'll get:
- Signature Pink Martini (a blend of strawberry vodka, cream de cocoa, strawberry puree, Coco Lopez& Bailey's® Irish Cream)
- Alex & Ani "Bangle Bar" with bracelets and charms for purchase to benefit the Gloria Gemma Foundation
- Beauty Bar with Youngblood Cosmetics touchups, Pink Feather hair clips, Twinkle of an Eye Applications with Primavera products and more
- Complimentary bra fitting station by Uplifting Makeover LLC
- Silent auction featuring complimentary stays at local restaurants, other Hyatt hotels in the U.S. and more
- Complimentary hand and chair massages and mini treatments by Stillwater Spa
- Breast Cancer Education Station
- Spa sample amenity bag
- Live music, food and beverages, and complimentary valet parking at the hotel
The special evening will also introduce Jill Buffington's "Boob Project Art Installation," an exhibit that focuses on the various degrees of breast surgeries and the choices of each portrait's subject through the impressions of one's chest on a canvas. The hotel will also unveil a unique 150-foot pink scarf, knitted by volunteers from the local Horizon Bay Retirement Living facility. Following Pink Martini Night, the long scarf will be disassembled into shorter scarves and donated to a local oncology center to keep cancer patients warm during their treatments.
All proceeds from the event will go the hotel's partner, the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, a Pawtucket-based organization focused on breast cancer education.
For reservations or information on Pink Martini Night, contact Hyatt Regency Newport at (401) 851-1234, or visit www.newport.hyatt.com.
The author is solely responsible for the content.