What better way to show Mom you care than by sending her away... to a luxury hotel. This Mother's Day, hotels are offering some creative ways to give Mom the day off.
From unique dinners to spa indulgence weekends and adventure activities, hotels around New England and across the country are offering Mom's a great escape. The below are just a sampling of the offers available, but they're sure to spark some unique ideas for Mom this year.
Delamar Greenwich Harbor, Connecticut: The boutique 82 room luxury waterfront property located just 40 minutes outside New York City in Connecticut wants to give you and Mom some quality time together. The one-day "QT" Mother's Day package starts at $635 and is offered over every weekend in May and includes:
- One night in a double room or two bedroom suite with concierge services
- Complimentary breakfast
- Welcome gift from Saks 5th Avenue
- Guaranteed early check-in and late check-out at 2:00pm
- Lunch for two in the onsite l'escale restaurant
- Two 60 min massages in the Spa suite and two pedicures
- A complimentary personal shopping session at Saks (including complimentary car service to and from Saks)
The Spa at Silverado, California:
Mother’s Day Spa Girl Getaway, California: Escape to the Spa at Silverado with Mom and indulge in the ”Spa Girl" Mother’s Day Weekend Getaway. The rates vary and the package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in a shared fireplace suite
- One 50-minute spa treatment per person and full use of the spa
- $25 per person food and beverage credit
- Complimentary wine tasting pass for a local Napa vineyard
- 20% off additional 50-minute treatments over the course of the stay
- 20% discount on retail in spa boutique
Omni Mount Washington Resort, New Hampshire: This Mother’s Day, moms fly free on the resort’s Bretton Woods Canopy Tour (one of New England longest zip lines) through the resort’s FOGO (fly one, get one) program. Treat Mom to a complimentary Canopy Tour on Sunday, May 13, with the purchase of an accompanying full-price Canopy Tour.
Hyatt 48 Lex, New York: Treat mom to a relaxing getaway at Hyatt 48 Lex with the Balance package. One of Midtown Manhattan’s newest hotels, the 116 pied-a-terre studios and suites feature hand-selected art, butler’s pantries stocked with unique local snacks and half bottles of wine. The Balance package starts at $485 a night and includes:
- Overnight accommodations
- Full breakfast for two in Lexington Brass
- $100 Spa Credit for an in-room Suite Spa Treatment
Vanderbilt Grace Hotel, Newport: Step back in time with this unique culinary offering from one of New England's favorite homes. Grand Chef Jonathan Cartwright recreated a 1912 Vanderbilt family menu that will be served permanently at Muse restaurant. The new menu includes cream of mushroom and lobster broth; oysters with mignonette sauce and a main course of turkey supreme with roasted potatoes or sea bass with hollandaise and grilled asparagus. Vintage dessert options are chocolate meringues with coffee ice cream or roasted peaches with cinnamon ice cream. Book a package starting at $599 for Mother's Day and enjoy:
- 2-night stay at Vanderbilt Grace Hotel
- Daily Champagne breakfast for two
- Vintage Vanderbilt five course dinner for two with wine pairings
- Two Mansion Passports to tour five Newport mansions
Stoweflake, Vermont: The resort in Vermont is launching a new life coaching and spa treatment menu starting the week after Mother's Day, giving Mom's and daughters something different to indulge in. The Spring Wellness Open House is happening May 19 & 20, 2012 from 9:00am – 5:00pm and includes:
- Spa treatments by ilike organic skin care
- 20-minute Life-Coaching Sessions
- Ayurvedic mini sessions
Stoweflake will donate 100 percent of its proceeds for Hair Services and 50 percent of Manis/Pedis proceeds on Sunday, May 20, 2012, to the Clarina Howard Nichols Center, an organization providing services, support and shelter to victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Spa goers can stay the night at Stoweflake for only $119.50 in a Luxury Room with a fireplace for this weekend.
The author is solely responsible for the content.