What did you want to be when you grow up? If you were like most kids, doctor, actor, astronaut and President of the United States were on your list. Ask your kids what they want to be when they grow up and the answers might be the same, but the opportunities will be slightly different, thanks to the Ritz-Carlton Hotels of Washington, D.C. The two D.C. hotels are offering a limited-time, legendary and luxury-based package that gives kids a glimpse of what life would be a like as the First Family.
For 24 hours, your kids will experience what the First Family and heads of state experience when they roll through Washington, D.C. If you pair this package with an explanation of how debates and elections work, it could be a very educational experience. (Request a copy of Schoolhouse Rock's "I'm Just a Bill" to show your kids what learning was like before computers were part of our everyday lives.)
Here are the details:
The "Live Like A First Kid Package" is available now through Sept. 3, 2012 starting at $4,995 per night and includes:
- Overnight in two bedroom Presidential Suite
- Personal “secret service like” detail/escort in chauffeured luxury SUV of Washington, D.C. monuments and attractions. Your “First Kid” won't have to wait in any lines, thanks to pre-arranged VIP access.
- VIP tour of the Newseum, highlighting presidential themed exhibits.
- Behind the scenes tour of Mt. Vernon Plantation where you'll visit the home of the “First President.”
- Private viewing of VIP autograph book signed by heads of state and celebrities which includes signatures, quotes and even cartoon drawings by President Barack Obama, President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, President Jimmy Carter, President George Bush and First Lady Barbara Bush, Jay-Z, Steve and Terri Erwin, FC Barcelona, and more. Learn the background and history behind these signatures from the hotel’s in-house celebrity and dignitary expert (available only at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C.)
- Back of the house hotel tour with hotel security to see how the president and heads of state arrive and exit.
- Michelle Obama shortbread cookie amenity (the same cookies handed out at the 2009 inauguration).
- Keepsake monogram pillowcases with official Presidential seal
- Full breakfast, Ritz Kids VIP patriotic backpack, hotel scavenger hunt with special prize, complimentary in-room movie and WiFi, cupcake classes and private yoga are also included.
The package is available at both the Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. and the Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown, Washington, D.C. properties. To reserve this posh package, you'll need to call the hotels directly.
The author is solely responsible for the content.