Massachusetts has another set of awards to be proud: some of the best hotels in the U.S. are located right here in the Bay State. US News ranked the top hotels in Massachusetts based on an "unbiased analysis of awards, expert recommendations and user ratings," according to their site. Out of 55 luxury hotels, nine scored high enough to make the U.S. News list of the Best Hotels in the USA.
Here are the top 10 hotels in Mass., including some commentary from U.S. News:
- Mandarin Oriental: Recent guests describe the hotel as "sensational," "outstanding," and "special."
- Four Seasons, Boston: The Four Seasons Hotel Boston is known for catering to even the most discerning of luxury-seekers.
- Blantyre Resort: Recent visitors say they felt like royalty during their stay.
- Wequassett Resort and Golf Club: Guests rave about everything from the amenities to the guest room decor and superb staff.
- The Wauwinet: Popular with honeymooners, The Wauwinet sits in a quieter northern corner of Nantucket island.
- Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf: When it comes to describing this waterfront hotel, guests use words like "wonderful," "gorgeous," and "excellent."
- XV Beacon Hotel: If you're looking for extravagance, then the XV Beacon can certainly oblige.
- Hotel Commonwealth: This stylish boutique hotel features spacious accommodations, sumptuous Italian linens, and 32-inch flat-screen TVs.
- The White Elephant Nantucket Island: The White Elephant has been a favorite of Nantucket's bluebloods since the 1920s.
- Chatham Bars Inn: The Chatham Bars Inn is been a cozy oceanfront retreat that beckons Cape Cod visitors with its laid-back luxury.
Check out the entire list of top rated Massachusetts hotels.
Readers: What's your favorite hotel in Massachusetts?
The author is solely responsible for the content.