The St. Regis New York was ranked the most expensive hotel in New York City. Photo credit: St. Regis/Facebook
New York has it all -- theater, restaurants, shopping. It's also one of the most expensive cities in the world. But if you've got the dough to drop, New York can be one of the best playgrounds in the world.
Imagine for a moment you do have a few extra grand to spend -- how would you spend it in New York City? Shopping on 5th Avenue? Dining at five-star restaurants? Private chauffeurs and shoppers? And where would you stay?
NewYorkHotels.org compiled a list of the most expensive luxury hotels in New York City, and calculated the average room rate for the most affordable double room in each hotel from May 2012 to April 2013. The results: The St. Regis tops the list as the most expensive hotel in New York City with an average of $823 a night for the most affordable room.
The hotels that made the list have everything you'd expect -- luxury amenities, stellar service, and fine dining options and in some cases a spa, but are they worth the cost?
Here's a look at the 10 hotels that rounded out the list:
20. The Pearl (233 West 49th Street ): $479
19. The Mark (Madison Ave at 77th Street): $563
18. The Towers at The New York Palace (455 Madison Avenue): $574
17. The Sherry Netherland (781 5th Ave): $576
16. The Chatwal (130 W 44th St): $579
15. The Carlyle (35 E 76th St): $583
14. The Surrey (20 E 76th St): $587
13. The Pierre (2 E 61st St): $612
12. The Lowell (28 East 63rd Street): $613
11. The Plaza (Fifth Avenue at Central Park South): $632
Click here to keep reading and check out the top 10 most expensive hotels in New York City.
Readers: Do you think these prices are worth it?
The author is solely responsible for the content.