Lobby at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, a new Forbes Five-Star property
Forbes Travel Guide announced a second batch of five-star hotels, restaurants and spas this week, the first ever mid-year announcement for the star-rating company.
The mid-year awards give travelers more up-to-date ratings, and a good reason for properties to keep tabs on their competition.
The new Five-Star hotels include:
- The Four Seasons Hotel Seattle – the first Five-Star star-rated hotel for the city
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, which recently underwent an extensive renovation, making it the first hotel in Canada to receive the highest rating
- The Connaught in London
In Massachusetts, Forbes named a few new Four-Star properties including:
- The Langham, Boston
- The Dining Room at Blantyre
Also on the list in Boston is the Seaport Hotel and Mooo at XV Beacon, new Forbes "recommended" hotel and restaurant, respectively.
The new five-star restaurants include:
- The Restaurant at Meadowood, Napa Valley
- Plume Restaurant at The Jefferson Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- The Fearrington Restaurant in Fearrington Village, N.C.
- Manresa Restaurant in Los Gatos, Calif.
These latest additions brings the total number of Forbes Travel Guide five-star hotels to 83.
Readers: What Five-Star hotel is on your bucket list?
The author is solely responsible for the content.