Lighthouses of New England
Photo courtesy of the US Coast Guard
Tarpaulin Cove Light is located on Naushon, which is the largest of the Elizabeth Islands, a chain that extends from Woods Hole. The light was automated in 1941, but after years of disrepair, the house and other buildings at the light station were torn down in 1962. Today, the lighthouse is maintained by the Cuttyhunk Historical Society.
*Closed to the public