Lighthouses of New England
Photo courtesy of the US Coast Guard
Recently restored, the Dutch Island Light was built in 1857, the second station on the island. The original was built from stones found on the island. The island is so named because the Dutch from New Amsterdam (New York) used this spot as a safe place to trade their goods to the Indians.
* Not open to the public.