Hang on, the father of snowboarding hails from Vermont and yet only one New England resort made Complex's list of "50 Ski Resorts Every Snowboarder Should Ride?" One?
Stowe lands at No. 32 on the list. It's not like any other resort in New England was worthy, having bred some of the world's best snowboarders, right? Kelly Clark, Hannah Teter, Scotty Lago...No, Complex?
Complex reasons that it tried to pick resorts that are usually overlooked. Well, here is its Top 10.
10. Squaw Valley, North Lake Tahoe, California
9. Lech Zurs, Arlberg, Austria
8. Silverton Mountain, Silverton, Colorado
7. Laax, Laax, Switzerland
6. Niseko United, Central Hokkaido, Japan
5. Mt. Baker, Glacierish, Washington
4. Jackson Hole, Teton Village, Wyoming
3. Verbier, Verbier, Switzerland
2. Whistler-Blackcomb, Whistler, British Columbia
1. Chamonix, Chamonix, France
Yup, those "overlooked" resorts of Chamonix and Whistler.
Eric Wilbur is a lifelong recreational skier who spends most of his winter and spring in the mountains of New England. He does not ski in jeans. You can read more of Eric's work here.
Heather Burke is an award winning ski journalist with over a decade of ski news coverage. As a former ski instructor and a ski parent, she knows the ski biz from the inside out. She and her family visit New England ski resorts, as well as the West and Canada, to report on the latest trends and their best family finds. Her husband Greg takes all the accompanying photos, and their work can be seen at www.familyskitrips.com and www.luxuryskitrips.com.