If you’ve always wanted to hit the slopes, this may be your month. January is “Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month,” the industry’s annual push to lure newbies onto the slopes. To mark the event, areas in Vermont and New Hampshire are offering low-cost or even free beginner deals. But take note: All lessons are not created equal. Here are 10 of the best places to learn in New England, each with its own philosophy and teaching method. Prices reflect the range in rates between group and private lessons, and those for children and adults.
- Choose another
- Page 1
- Wachusett Mountain, Princeton
- Saddleback Mountain, Rangeley, Maine
- Cranmore Mountain, North Conway, N.H.
- King Pine and Purity Spring Resort, Madison, N.H.
- Mount Snow, Dover, Vt.
- Sunday River, Newry, Maine
- Stratton Mountain, Stratton, Vt.
- Attitash Mountain Resort, Bartlett, N.H.
- Waterville Valley, Waterville Valley, N.H.
- Sugarbush, Warren, Vt.