10 GREAT PLACES TO LEARN TO SKI
Sunday River, Newry, Maine
207-824-3000, www.sundayriver.com, $58-$300
With 132 trails for those of various abilities, Sunday River is one of New England’s most popular ski resorts. So naturally, one might expect some bustling chaos at its busy ski school on weekends. But the resort handles it all with ease, thanks to its capable “Perfect Turn” staff, whose streamlined and organized approach inspires focus and calm. Once on the hill, beginners will find all the learning amenities they need, from professional instruction to ease of shuttling up the slope with the use of magic carpets. A three-day, learn-to-ride package ($180) also affords students the ability to take a lesson at fellow Boyne property Sugarloaf on nonconsecutive days.
- Choose another
- Page 1
- Wachusett Mountain, Princeton
- Saddleback Mountain, Rangeley, Maine
- Cranmore Mountain, North Conway, N.H.
- King Pine and Purity Spring Resort, Madison, N.H.
- Mount Snow, Dover, Vt.
- Sunday River, Newry, Maine
- Stratton Mountain, Stratton, Vt.
- Attitash Mountain Resort, Bartlett, N.H.
- Waterville Valley, Waterville Valley, N.H.
- Sugarbush, Warren, Vt.