Most people are content to while away the hours on a beach with a good book in hand and a picnic cooler at their feet. Others (like me) last about an hour before they need to do something more physical. Here are 10 of my favorite activities along the coast.
- Choose another
- Page 1
- Sea kayak Sheepscot Bay, Georgetown, Maine
- Stroll the Marginal Way, Ogunquit, Maine
- Bike to Madaket Beach, Nantucket
- Bike Provincelands bike trail, Provincetown
- Mountain bike at Bluff Point State Park, Groton, Conn.
- Walk Wingaersheek Beach, Gloucester
- Bird-watch at Odiorne Point State Park, Portsmouth, N.H.
- Surfcasting for stripers, Martha's Vineyard
- Windsurfing Kalmus Beach, Hyannis
- Take a sail, Newport, R.I.