Holiday gifts and souvenirs with an artsy edge
Whether you're in need of unique hand-crafted gifts to round out your holiday shopping or simply looking for the perfect souvenir for you, head to the nexus of Bradenton's artist community: The Village of the Arts.
The Village of the Arts is not just an artist community--it's the largest artist community in all Florida. The village has space for area artists to work and live. It boasts a yoga studio, an independent bookstore, a cafe, retail storefronts, and more.
The village is home to 30 artists who specialize in everything from jewelry to painting. Out of these, approximately 20% of the village's artists work as full-time artists, according to the Village of the Arts organization. The rest of the artists mix part-time and full-time work with their businesses.
What can you find in the village? Check out the list before to find out what shops might pique your interests.
- June 8 - 3rd Annual Ultimate Kentucky Derby Bash at the Polo Grill
- June 15 - Bradentucky Bombers Women's Roller Derby
- June 21-23 - Onshore Offshore Boat Show
- June 22 - Mixon's Antiques, Arts and Crafts Fairs
- June 29 - 6th Annual Fish Fry and Shrimp Boil
- July 4 - Palmetto Fourth of July Festival