Yelping Good Eats
Savvy travelers often turn to the Yelp application on their smart phones to find good eats right around the corner from the beaches or sights they're visiting that day. Yelp can also be a great indicator of what spots locals prefer.
Below are the top 10 eating places in the Bradenton area that give their highest stamps of approval.
- Jose's Real Cuban Food. 8799 Cortez Road West, Bradenton. This "a little joint" cooks up some of Guy Fieri's favorite food--Cuban. The host of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives visited this Bradenton restaurant and let the nation in its delicious food. (You can check out the visit here.) Jose's is your place for a taste of Cuba in Florida. Don't miss out on its paella, cubanos, pulled pork sandwiches, or chorizo-stuffed meat.
- Acapulco Tropical Supermarket. 3517 1st St, Bradenton. Taco lovers take note: You can find Bradenton's best tacos in a tiny cafe in the back of a Mexican grocery store. It offers an array of tacos, from fish tacos to brain tacos to fried tilapia tacos. And despite the cramped quarters, customers keep coming back. One reviewer even says, "I would sit on a milk crate to eat here if need be."
- Ezra Cafe. 5629 Manatee Ave West, Bradenton. The Asian fusion is "always interesting and always flavorful" at Bradenton's Ezra Cafe. Locals love Ezra's unique food and more upscale vibe.
- Ocean Harvest Bar and Grill. 5120 Manatee Ave West, Bradenton. Local seafood gets a fun spin at this local joint. Try the chowder-covered cheese fries or the squid fries for a new take on fried seafood. And don't forget to get some key lime pie for dessert to round out your meal.
- Thai Wasabi. 5250 State Rd 64, Bradenton. Thai Wasabi is a triple threat, offering sushi, Thai food, and great lunch specials to hungry locals.
- Blue Dolphin Cafe. 5370 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Diner food is within easy striking distance at the Blue Dolphin Cafe. Locals love the breakfast options, particularly the corned beef. Visitors who stop by during the offseason can also hit up the cafe for Friday night dinner.
- Thai Palace. 4756 W Cortez Road, Bradenton.Another meal, another Bradenton Thai food restaurant. At this Thai restaurant, locals highlight the crab rangoon and curry dishes as being notable.
- Drydock Waterfront Grill. 412 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Check out this local Longboat Key grill for fresh seafood and its standout grouper tacos.
- Jamrocks Jamaican Grill. 5917 Manatee Ave West, Bradenton. Explore the world of Jamaican food at this low-key restaurant.
- June 8 - 3rd Annual Ultimate Kentucky Derby Bash at the Polo Grill
- June 15 - Bradentucky Bombers Women's Roller Derby
- June 21-23 - Onshore Offshore Boat Show
- June 22 - Mixon's Antiques, Arts and Crafts Fairs
- June 29 - 6th Annual Fish Fry and Shrimp Boil
- July 4 - Palmetto Fourth of July Festival