A Boston University dormitory evacuated briefly Sunday night after an overheated laptop sparked a small, smoky fire inside a dorm room, Boston Fire officials said.
The fire broke out at about 10:20 p.m. in a room on the fifth floor of 575 Commonwealth Ave., according to fire department spokesman Steve MacDonald. No injuries were reported.
Everyone who was evacuated was allowed to return to their rooms shortly after being evacuated, except for the students living in the room where the fire started, he said. Those students will be displaced until at least Monday.
The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damage, MacDonald said.
The seven-story building houses 456 beds, according to BUís website.