Note: We now have a NEW photo tool that allows you to post your photos on Boston.com yourself. You MUST fill out your own photos captions. Don't forget!When you upload your photos, be sure to include:
- Go to http://yourphotos.boston.com
- Click "Sign In & Upload" in the upper right corner (red text). Sign in using your own Boston.com account. You'll be brought to a page where you create new photo albums.
- Click "Community Galleries" in the list of links to the right. This will bring you to a page that lists all the Community Galleries on Boston.com.
- Scroll down to "Your Life" then click on the "Prom photos of the past" gallery.
- Now you need to upload all your photos. Click "Upload Your Photos Now " above the thumbnails, and you'll be taken to the multi-file uploader so you can upload a bunch of photos. If you'd rather do them one at a time, that option is there as well. Assuming you choose the multi-file uploader, click "add files" on the right and then select the photos from wherever you've saved them. Presumably from your desk top or another folder on your machine.
- Once you've selected the photos, click "upload files." When the screen refreshes, you should see small versions of the photos on your screen.
- Click on one of the photos and you'll be taken to a new screen that allows you to write in caption text. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FILL IN THE CAPTION FIELD. Fill in the caption and then click "save and open next photo" and go through your gallery and add in the captions.
- You're done! Go to this page to see your photos:
Prom photos of yesterday
Send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following information with your photo:
1. Your full name
2. Your phone number and e-mail address (for confirmation purposes only)
3. Your town
4. A brief description of what's happening in the photo. Where was it taken? Who else is pictured? By submitting your photo(s) to Boston.com, you agree that such photo(s) and the accompanying information will become the property of Boston.com and you grant Boston.com, The Boston Globe, Boston Metro and their sublicensees permission to publicly display, reproduce and use the photographs in any form or media for any and (all editorial and related promotional purposes) purposes.. You also warrant that (i) the photo is your original work, or is properly licensed, and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and (ii) you have obtained any and all releases and permissions necessary for our intended use. Your submission also allows Boston.com to edit, crop or adjust the colors of the image(s) on an as needed basis.