BOSTON FAIL: 25 LOCAL STORIES IN 2012 THAT MADE US CRINGE
In December, police said they found a Quincy man after he had broken into the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, lying on the ground with an open bottle of sacramental wine and an opened container of the Eucharist, or consecrated bread.
Officials said Jorge Jose Guavara broke into the church, lit multiple candles, and mad his way through the attic and basement.
A witness said he found the man eventually inside the front storage area behind the altar.
Guavara told police he went to the church seeking peace.
Next: Ignoring the street signs.
Essdras M Suarez/Globe Staff
- Choose another
- Boston Fail 2012
- Adding-ticket-insult-to-injury fail
- Awkward-audition-tape fail
- iTaser fail
- Racist-fans fail
- Art-unappreciation fail
- Taylor-Swift fail
- No-sex-toys-at-city-hall fail
- South-Boston-gets-a-reality-show fail
- Scooter-up-an-escalator fail
- State-drug-lab fail
- Strapped-on-the-car-roof fail
- Caught-cheating-at-Harvard fail
- Culture-of-sexual-entitlement fail
- Cambridge-tries-to-kill-Uber Fail
- Nanny-state-bans fail
- Dessert-flavor fail
- Seriously-this-was-the-most-popular-book-of-2012? fail
- Pedestrians-accidents-on-the-rise fail
- Ikea-pulls-out-of-Somerville-plans fail
- Break-into-a-church fail
- Getting-a-car-stuck-under-Storrow-Drive fail
- Fired-police-chief-could-still-get-pension fail
- Little-town-a-big-spender fail
- No-mayor-for-Cambridge fail