BOSTON FAIL: 25 LOCAL STORIES IN 2012 THAT MADE US CRINGE
Taylor Swift and Greater Boston had an odd flirtation in 2012.
The relationship-obsessed singer was reportedly involved with Conor Kennedy, a teen still in high school.
Swift crashed a wedding and might or might not have thought about buying a home nearby the Kennedy clan.
Then in August, visitors of the website 4chan campaigned to commandeer an online contest to send Swift to perform at the Horace Mann School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing. School officials said they would welcome the performance because people who are deaf and hard of hearing can still enjoy music through vibrations and visual assistance.
What started as an insensitive internet prank turned out in favor to the deaf school based in Allston. Taylor Swift donated $10,000 and other sponsors matched her donation, netting $50,000 total for the school. On top of that, Swift said she would give tickets to every student to attend her next local show.
Next:Sex toys find a new entry point.
- Choose another
- Boston Fail 2012
- Adding-ticket-insult-to-injury fail
- Awkward-audition-tape fail
- iTaser fail
- Racist-fans fail
- Art-unappreciation fail
- Taylor-Swift fail
- No-sex-toys-at-city-hall fail
- South-Boston-gets-a-reality-show fail
- Scooter-up-an-escalator fail
- State-drug-lab fail
- Strapped-on-the-car-roof fail
- Caught-cheating-at-Harvard fail
- Culture-of-sexual-entitlement fail
- Cambridge-tries-to-kill-Uber Fail
- Nanny-state-bans fail
- Dessert-flavor fail
- Seriously-this-was-the-most-popular-book-of-2012? fail
- Pedestrians-accidents-on-the-rise fail
- Ikea-pulls-out-of-Somerville-plans fail
- Break-into-a-church fail
- Getting-a-car-stuck-under-Storrow-Drive fail
- Fired-police-chief-could-still-get-pension fail
- Little-town-a-big-spender fail
- No-mayor-for-Cambridge fail