THE KRAFT, GILLETTE STADIUM & FOXBOROUGH SAGA
Dec. 7, 1999: Foxborough it is!
The New England Patriots finally ended their decade- long stadium saga when more than 93 percent of Foxborough voters approved the team's $275 million stadium plan.
A record 2,243 Foxborough voters turned out for the Town Meeting on the stadium proposal at Foxboro High School. The local vote, required by the bill passed by the Legislature May 18, ended a 10-year stadium drama that led the Patriots through three states and four owners.
- From article by Meg Vaillancourt.
Stan Grossfeld/Globe Staff
- Choose another
- Page 1
- March 2013: Patriot Place expansion
- Sept. 22, 2012: Expanding in Foxborough
- Sept. 13, 2012: Where should we park?
- Sept. 9, 2012: Disputed debt
- Aug. 24, 2012: Gillette event fallout
- May 2012: Casino land up in the air
- May 5, 2012: CasiNO
- Dec. 2011: A gamble of a proposal
- 2009-2012: Footbridge to stadium
- 2007-2012: Billboard dispute
- Dec. 7, 1999: Foxborough it is!
- 1999: Where to put the stadium?