The Dedham Police Department offered the following tips for families dressing up for Halloween Wednesday.
1. Use costumes, beards, wigs that are flame-resistant.
2. Do not use masks that cover eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Wear bright clothing, use reflective tape or flashing light clip.
4. Children should use the sidewalk whenever possible.
5. Small children should always go with an adult.
6. Trick or treat at homes you are familiar with.
7. Children should never go inside of the house.
8. An adult should check all treats.
Drive carefully when transporting children from house to house and watch for children darting out from between cars.
Check to make sure safety belts are fastened at all times and have children step out of the car on the curbside, away from traffic.
Natalie Feulner can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.