Continue to check the social media outlets during the week at www.dedhamsquareproject.com for any changes to the schedule due to the anticipated inclement weather conditions that could push the start of night work off till later in the week.
The following DAY work is planned for Monday:
1. The installation of brick banding at the corner of Eastern Avenue at High Street will continue. The subcontractor will be preparing the brick shelf for concrete prior to installing bricks.
2. Miscellaneous earthwork in the northerly end of the Keystone Parking Lot will continue. Work will consist of the installation of granite curbing, installation of brick banding, landscaping and grading of the remainder of the parking lot for asphalt pavement to be installed at a later date.
3. The installation of bricks for the brick banding located within the sidewalks will continue this week. On-street parking will be temporarily closed during work hours in the areas the contractor is conducting work and reopened again at the end of the work day.
4. Various utility companies will be working within the area of High Street near the retaining wall where the new utility poles have been installed over the next several months to switch their overhead utilities from the existing poles to the new poles. Once all the overhead utilities are switched over, the old poles will be removed.
Except where noted above, the working hours for day work will be 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following NIGHT work is planned to start on Tuesday night:
5. The reconstruction of the High Street from Court Street to Church Street is scheduled to begin. Work will consist of the removal of the existing asphalt and underlying soil, the placement of base course gravel, fine grading and compaction of the base course material and the installation of the of two layers of asphalt pavement. The final layer of asphalt will be installed in the spring. The roadway will be closed while construction takes place and detours will be established to navigate around the work area. No on-street parking will be allowed at night within the work area. All vehicles must be moved from the work area by 9 p.m.
Any vehicle not moved will be towed at the owner’s expense. The contractor will place signs up during the day within the work area to remind motorists that no on-street parking will be permitted at night within the work area. The roadway will be in a gravel state for three to four days while the roadway is prepared for asphalt. The work area will be smooth graded and compacted prior to the end of each work day.
Except where noted above, the working days and hours for night work will be Sunday night through Thursday night from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
** Please note that work associated with the Keystone Lot (installation of ornamental fence, landscaping, etc.) may be performed by subcontractors during the day following the contractor’s night work.