The Framingham Department of Public Works has issued traffic alerts for this week, including areas near Framingham High School, Shopper's World, and Framingham State University.
The DPW provided detailed construction explanations on its website, quoted as follows:
• Sewer construction will restrict vehicular traffic on "A" Street to local traffic only. While construction is in progress; it may be necessary for residents to access their properties, through the opposite intersection of Concord Street and "A" Street depending upon the current location of the construction zone. At the end of each work day, normal traffic flow on "A" Street will resume. Access to side streets and Framingham High School will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• Sewer services are being installed on Concord Street between "A" Street and Old Connecticut Path, traffic will be restricted to a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• Construction crews will start installing the double sewer force main on Concord Street at the southern intersection of A Street, moving from north to south. Traffic will be restricted to a one lane alternating traffic management plan through the work zone. Once the construction crew passes Cherry Street, southbound traffic on Concord Street will be detoured from Concord Street to Cherry Street, from Cherry Street to Campello Road and back onto Concord Street. Access to properties and side streets will be maintained throughout the construction. Construction activities will take place between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• Construction crews will be installing deep gravity sewer on Concord Street between Route 9 and Cochituate Road. This work will require lane restrictions - expect delays. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• The Danforth Street Bridge will be closed during construction. Please visit the http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/ website for project information.
• Sewer main construction will continue on Edgell Road. Construction activities will take place on Edgell Road between Arthur Street and Vernon Street. All southbound traffic on Edgell Road will be detoured from Edgell Road to Vernon Street from Vernon Street to Oak Street and back onto Edgell Road. Additionally, Vernon Street will be closed to northbound through traffic between Edgell Road and Grove Street. This portion of Vernon Street will only be accessible from Edgell Road in a northbound direction. Construction activities will take place daily between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• The Fountain Street Bridge will be closed during construction. It is anticipated that the bridge will be closed until late September. Traffic will be detoured to the west, over the Winter Street Bridge and the Fountain Street Bridge in Ashland. Please visit the http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/ website for project information.
• Deep gravity sewer main installation will continue on Gorman Road and Grant Street Extension. During construction, westbound traffic originating on Gorman Road will be detoured onto Belvidere Way, from Belvidere Way to Belvidere Avenue and from Belvidere Avenue to Concord Street. Detail officers will be in place to assist residents in gaining access to their properties during construction. Normal traffic patterns will resume at the end of each work day. Construction activities are scheduled to take place daily between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Police detail officers will be present at construction sites, according to the website.
The department recommends any persons experiencing problems due to this work to contact the Capital Construction Hotline at (508) 532-6040.
Follow us on Twitter: @framinghaminfo
To contact Jaclyn Reiss, email her at email@example.com