State Senator Karen Spilka will host a free forum in Framingham for businesses and residents to learn more about the assistance and opportunities available to them as they look to start or expand their business in the local area.
The forum, scheduled for Monday, June 11, will include an informative panel discussion with:
- Charles Grigsby, president of the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation
- April Anderson Lamoureux, assistant secretary for economic development for the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
- Paul Matthews, executive director of the 495/MetroWest Corridor Partnership
Presentations will cover a variety of topics to provide insight into the assistance available to businesses and the changing regulations affecting business, including accessing capital and technical assistance, regulatory changes, permitting and licenses, and utilizing the local resources available right in the MetroWest area.
Following the presentations, attendees will have the opportunity to ask the panelists any questions they have.
There will also be time for attendees to meet and network with representatives from the regional chambers of commerce and local business organizations. Many of these organizations will have displays set up to showcase what their group has to offer these local businesses.
Organizations attending include:
- MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
- Milford Area Chamber of Commerce
- MetroWest Tourism and Visitors Bureau
- Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Boston Office
- United Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin Downtown Partnership
- Framingham Downtown Renaissance
- Hopkinton Chamber of Commerce
Those interested in registering for this event should visit the event's website.
The event will take place June 11 from 7:30 a.m. through 10 a.m. at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel's Ashland Room.