Posted by Christina Jedra March 15, 2013 10:00 AM
Spend spring at the JCC of the North Shore! The J’s Spring Program Guide is here, packed with cutting-edge fitness programs and enriching activities for everyone in your family. You can download it at http://www.jccns.org/wp-content/uploads/guides/guide.pdf. Registration opens March 18 for members, March 20 for the community. Here’s a sneak peek!
Spring Shape Up
Work one-on-one with the JCC’s award-winning Fitness Staff to learn creative workouts that burn calories and boost your metabolism. Receive inspiring tips and practical advice to help you reach your goals. We’ll chart your progress through ‘til summer!
Partner with a JCC running coach for a run on weekend mornings. Routes include Marblehead Neck, the Bike Path, Lynn Shore Drive and more. Have a favorite? Let us know!
Mixed Martial Arts for Teens
Your kids will unplug their video games to take this class! They’ll learn Thai Kickboxing, Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing and Strength Conditioning in a fun, safe environment.
Looking for a customized plan for weight loss, muscle gain and better nutrition? The JCC’s registered dietician and nutritionist will work with you on meal planning and more and help you reach your goal.
Work with the J’s tennis pro and you’ll be ready for a summer on the courts! Kids and adults of all abilities are welcome.
American Girl Tea Party
Bring your American Girl Doll (or any favorite doll) to the JCC for an afternoon of fun and friendship. We’ll get creative with arts and crafts, play games and enjoy a yummy snack with our favorite dolls.
Dive into this glow-in-the-dark swim party! You’ll love the DJ, glow sticks and pizza. Ages 13-18 welcome.
Adaptive Swim & Gym
The JCC is proud to announce its new Adaptive Swim & Gym program for children and young adults with special needs. Ask about our innovative classes that feature both pool and gym time.
Afternoon Fun on the Hill
The JCC has dozens of exciting programs for kids after school. Here are just a few:
• Girls Volley Ball: Spike! Girls Volleyball is for beginner and intermediate players. Each class starts with skill work and ends with game play!
• Fit ‘n Fueled Kids: This fun, interactive class combines fitness and games with nutrition education and a healthy snack.
• Tennis: The J’s Tennis Pro teaches beginners to more advanced kids with specially-designed balls and nets.
• Zumbatomic: Kids love to crank up the music, shake, wiggle and have a blast with their friends, so why not get fit while they’re at it? Zumbatomic is a fun, kid-friendly dance program.
• Ultimate Frisbee: It’s like football, with a Frisbee! Kids love this game that keeps them running and having fun.
Adventure on the Hill
Remember, we pick up students in grades K-8 at all local schools and bring them back to the Hill for afternoons of sports, arts, science, swimming and even Homework Help! We have nearly 30 classes to choose from. For more information, contact JCC’s Youth Director Ashley Corcoran at 781-476-9907 or email@example.com.
The J is proud to welcome recording artist Kevin Leahy to teach violin and guitar in the JamRoom. Leahy works with kids and adults, so get started today! Percussion more your thing? You’ll love drum lessons with PJ Holaday. For more info, contact the J’s Ashley Corcoran at 781-476-9907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
JCC Sea Serpents – New Session
Join the JCC’s winning Swim Team! The new session is starting now. The Sea Serpents have been making headlines at meets around New England. Be a part of the fun! Kids age 6-16 are welcome. Contact Aquatics Director Ashley Vieira at 781-476-9912 or email@example.com.
Check out the JCC’s renowned swim lessons. Families come from near and far for our nurturing, experienced instructors. All ages and abilities welcome.
Learn the basics of Springboard Diving – including proper technique and diving – in a fun, safe environment.
Preschool Enrichment Programs
Only at the J! All kids ages 3-5 are welcome to join the J’s Preschool Enrichment Programs, every day after lunch. (These are open to the entire community.) Here are just a few great classes:
• Jedi Training: Your little Star Wars fan will learn the ways of the Force with Jedi Master Jim!
• Sensational Storytelling: Children read and act out stories. We’ll create puppets, flannel boards and even illustrate our own books!
• Yoga Pretzel Kids: Children learn traditional yoga postures while playing fun and imaginative games.
• Art Circles the Globe: Explore and create art from many different cultures from Africa to Australia to the Americas!
Check out the Spring Guide today! The JCC is located at 4 Community Road, Marblehead. 781-631-8330. www.JCCNS.ORG