Posted by Juan Cajigas Jimenez October 7, 2013 02:20 PM
The following was submitted by the Melrose Public Schools:
The Melrose Public Schools will accept applications for a limited number of “seats” for non-resident students exclusively under the State’s School Choice Law. For the 2014-2015 school year, Melrose will have five (5) seats in grade 9,five (5) seats in grade 10 and three (3) seats in grade 11 only.
1. Applications for School Choice may be obtained by contacting the Central Administration Office, 360 Lynn Fells Parkway, Melrose, MA 02176, telephone (781) 662-2000 extension 1 or by email at email@example.com.
2. Applications for School Choice will be accepted by the Superintendent of Schools, beginningNovember 1 through December 1, 2013. Applications received afterDecember 1, 2013will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they are received.
Applications should be addressed to:
Office of the Superintendent of Schools
360 Lynn Fells Parkway
Melrose, MA 01746
3. Admission will be determined by lottery, on a random basis, if number of applicants exceeds the number of available seats.
4. Students accepted for admission to the Melrose Public Schools will be notified by February 1, 2014.Please note that acceptance into the Melrose public schools does not guarantee placement in a particular program that you may have requested. Transportation to/from school is the responsibility of the parent. School bus transportation is not an available option. Such acceptance for admission must be submitted in writing no later than March 1, 2014. Failure to do so may result in withdrawal of the acceptance for admission.
5. Students not accepted will be placed on a waiting list and notified when a seat becomes available. Students who wish to be considered for acceptance in “2015-2016” must reapply.