THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING
< Back to front page Text size +

3 held without bail on charges from Milton 'road-rage' shooting

Posted by L. Kim Tan  January 13, 2012 05:21 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Three men charged in connection with a car chase that led to a shooting Thursday night in Milton pleaded not guilty at their arraignment today and were ordered held without bail.

Roy Jaundoo, 35, of Roslindale was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, armed assault with intent to murder, intent to murder using a motor vehicle, use of a motor vehicle without authorization, and leaving the scene of an accident that involved property damage.

Kevin Taylor, 22, of Dorchester, was charged with armed assault with the intent to murder, and Caiheem Kindell, 21, of Randolph, who was found allegedly hiding around 2 a.m. in a backyard on Darby Road, hours after police received reports of the incident, was charged with carrying a firearm without a license and possessing a firearm without an Massachusetts firearms identification card.

All three are scheduled to return to court Jan. 18 for a “dangerousness hearing” to determine whether they are “dangerous” as defined by the Commonwealth’s "Dangerousness Statute" and should remain in jail for 90 days without bail.

Milton police spent Friday looking for an additional suspect and a handgun they believe was used in the incident. They did not return calls regarding the results of the investigation and would not comment further on the case.

A small revolver believed to have been used in the incident was found in a sock Thursday evening in the backyard of a home on Darby Road.

At the arraignment today in Quincy District Court, an attempt by defense lawyers to avoid pretrial detention for their clients by asserting lack of probable cause was denied by the judge. A hearing to determine whether the video of the arraignment would be archived online prior to trial will also take place Jan. 18.

Thursday night, authorities said multiple 911 calls around 9 p.m. reported shots being fired on Oak Street near Route 138. Officers who responded found a vehicle still running on the lawn of a home on Blue Hill Avenue.

Minutes later, police received a call from a 19-year-old Milton man who said that the car found was his and that he had been shot at on his way home from work by the driver of a silver or grey sedan minutes after the vehicle cut him off.

According to police, the man was followed as he turned off Brush Hill Road onto Concord Avenue, then, as he reached Union Street, a dead end, the gunshots began. After ramming his car into the other vehicle, the man then jumped out and ran into a home on Brook Road where he called his mother and police.

A report read in court indicated that two bullets shattered the window of a home on Union Avenue and police reported several spent shell casings were found on the sedan. No injuries were reported.

Police say all three suspects are “career criminals” with no ties to Milton or the man they shot at.

“It is unclear right now what took place,” Milton police Sergeant Daniel Brown told the Globe Thursday. However, he added that it may have been a case of road rage.

Natalie Feulner can be reached at natalie.feulner@gmail.com.

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article