THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING
< Back to front page Text size +

Fire outside store in Newton destroys two cars, but no injuries reported

Posted by Your Town  July 16, 2013 07:14 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article


(Video from Newton Fire Department)

High-voltage power lines fell to the ground, sparking a fire that damaged two vehicles outside a store in Newton Tuesday, according to the Newton Fire Department and WHDH-TV.

The fire occurred outside the Splash kitchen and bath store at 244 Needham Street. The Newton Fire Department said via Twitter that no one was injured.

A photo posted by the Newton Fire Department shows the damage to two cars:

newtonfire1.jpg-jpg

Another photo of car damage:

Newtonfire2.jpg-jpg

A third Newton Fire Department photo showing the roof of 244 Needham Street where the electric line was connected:

newtonfire3.jpg-jpg

Here is the WHDH report:

WHDH-T

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article