Posted by Sean Teehan May 16, 2011 09:21 AM
The following are excerpts from the Peabody Police Department logs. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Police investigated a burglary Friday at about 5 p.m. when a caller reported two bicycles stolen on Lynn Street. The responding officer documented the theft of two motorized scooters.
- At about 1:20 Saturday morning, police arrested a Lynn woman for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and possession of a class B drug. Sheryl A. Colella, 46, of Lynn was arrested on Summit Street.
- At about 7:09 Saturday night, a caller reported he was assaulted and robbed of three $20 bills on Main Street. Police reported the victim was "highly intoxicated" and transported him to Salem Hospital.
- Police responded to a Lowell Street apartment building when a caller reported someone broke into his residence. The responding officer documented someone who gained entry through the rear door stole jewelery valued at about $1,800 sometime between Wednesday and Saturday.
- At about 1:03 a.m. police arrested a Peabody man for driving under the influence. John E. Mansfield, 40, was arrested on Catherine Drive for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
- Police arrested a Wilmington man for driving under the influence at about 1:18 Sunday morning. Jason Pelletier, 29, was arrested on Main Street for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.