THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING
< Back to front page Text size +

Police arrest man involved in Quincy home invasion

Posted by Jessica Bartlett  November 22, 2010 01:20 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Jose Lorenzo mug shot

Police have arrested a man they say was involved in the shooting and home invasion that occurred on Oct. 29 at a Quincy condominium on Summer Street that sent one man to the hospital with critical injuries.

Jose Lorenzo, 22, from Boston, was charged with armed assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to rob, home invasion, armed robbery, kidnapping, and motor vehicle larceny after his DNA was found at the scene of the crime, police said.

According to police, officers put out a warrant for Lorenzo’s arrest when DNA at the scene was found to be a match to the suspect.

Lorenzo was subsequently arrested after checking in with his probation officer.

The motive for the robbery is still not clear, police said.

According to police, two men broke into the home at 12:30 a.m. on Friday Oct. 29, wearing bandanas and hats to conceal their identity from the four men inside.

The men allegedly stole numerous flat-screen televisions, cash, and computers and shoot one man in the head.

One of the victims left with the suspects, and appeared on Dorchester Street later on in the day, saying he had been kidnapped.

Lorenzo will be arraigned at Quincy District Court. Police are still searching for the second suspect.

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article