Besides holiday shopping and holiday discounts at more than 50 clothing stores, cafes, boutiques and quirky shops in downtown Salem, there will be refreshments and prizes. Shoppers can also enjoy a nighttime walk throughout the festively decorated and warmly lit downtown
“This event is a fun time for locals to walk around downtown Salem, enjoy the festive atmosphere and do some last minute holiday shopping,” Jennifer Bell, Manager of Salem Main Streets, said in a statement.
Shoppers who have their Open House Night cards validated at seven different businesses can hand the card in at Rockafellas by 8 p.m. for a chance to win a $100 or a variety of other prizes.
Many businesses will participate in a window decorating contest. The theme this year is a gingerbread person and gingerbread people will be hidden in downtown windows.
Special discounts and offers include:
· Free cocoa and samples of winter ice cream flavors at Ben & Jerry’s
· Free chair massage at Body and Soul Massage and Wellness Center with a donation to the Northeast Animal Shelter as well as free hand paraffin, a free gift with a purchase and homemade cookies and cider
· Refreshments and specials at Boston Bead Company
· Christmas cookies at Caffé Graziani
· 20% off at Coon’s Card & Gift Shop
· 10% off at Fool’s Mansion
· $10 off readings for the night at Omen
· 20% off at Penelope’s Pet Boutique
· Refreshments and a free gift with any $50 purchase at Rouge Cosmetics
· 10% off at Seedstitch
· Stocking stuffer weekend at Signatures, complimentary refreshments and 20 percent off a purchase of $100 or more
· A chance to enter a free drawing to win a Sid Dickens Memory Block at Sophia’s
· Free $9 gift certificate to Thai Place or Cinema Salem with a $49 dinner purchase (excluding drinks) at Thai Place
· Free gift with $20 purchase at Trolley Depot
· 10 percent off at Two Girls Shop.
Open House Night participating businesses include:
Addicted Fashion, Angelica of the Angels, Angels Landing, Artemisia Botanicals, The Barking Cat, Beehive, Bella Hair Salon, Ben & Jerry's, Bernard's Jewelers, Body and Soul Massage and Wellness Center, Boston Bead Company, The Boutique, Caffe Graziani, Coons, Fool's Mansion, Fountain Place, Glass and Etc., Harrison's Comics, Hex, The Hungry Whale, J. Mode, Laura Lanes Skin Care, Living With Pets, Magic Parlor, Mighty Aphrodite, Mud Puddle Toys, The Official Witch Shoppe, Omen, Pamplemousse, Peabody Essex Museum Shop, Penelope's Pet Boutique, The Picklepot, Radiance Aveda, re-find, Roost, Rouge Cosmetics, Salem Cycle, Salemdipity, Scrub, Seedstitch, Signatures, Sophia's, Sweet Anthem, Thai Place, Treasures Over Time, Trolley Depot, two girls shop, The Urbane Cyclist, Witch's Hide, and Witch Tees
Justin A. Rice can be reached at email@example.com.