Posted by Christina Jedra May 2, 2013 10:00 AM
The following was submitted by Salem State University:
Salem State University School of Graduate Studies
• 4 pm Thursday, May, 16 at the O’Keefe Sports Center, Canal Street, Salem
• Speaker -- Martha J. Kanter, U.S. Under Secretary of Education,
• 433 anticipated graduates
• Graduate degrees awarded: Master of arts inEnglish, history, Master of arts teaching in: art, chemistry, English, English as a second language, history, mathematics, middle school general science, middle school math, and Spanish; Master of science in: counseling and psychological service, criminal justice, geo-information science, industrial/organizational psychology, mathematics, nursing, and occupational therapy; Master of business administration; Master of education in: early childhood education, elementary education, higher education in student affairs, library media studies, middle school education, physical education, reading, school counseling, secondary education, special education; and Master of social work.
• Honorary degree recipient: David Tory, founder of the Essex County Community Foundation.
Salem State University Bertolon School of Business and the School of Human Services
• 10amSaturday, May 18 at the O’Keefe Sports Center, Canal Street, Salem
• Speaker -- William S. Cummings, founder of Cummings Properties and Cummings Foundation, Inc. and Joyce M. Cummings, founder, director and trustee of Cummings Foundation, Inc
• 672 anticipated graduates
• Undergraduate degrees awarded: Bachelor of science in business administration, criminal justice, occupational health studies, nursing, and social work
• Honorary degree recipients: William S. and Joyce M. Cummings
Salem State University College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Education
• 3 pm Saturday, May 18 at the O’Keefe Sports Center, Canal Street, Salem
• Speaker -- Sima Samar, Afghan international human rights and women’s advocate and activist
• 741 anticipated graduates
• Undergraduate degrees awarded: Bachelor of arts in art,biology, chemistry, English,history,music,political science,psychology,sociology, Spanish, theatre arts; Bachelor of fine arts in theatre arts; Bachelor of science in athletic training, biology, cartography and geographic information systems, chemistry,communications,computer sciences ,economics, geography, mathematics, political science, psychology, sociology, and sport and movement science
• Honorary degree recipient: Carol Fulp, president and CEO, The Partnership, Inc.