THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Tom Cruise kayaks in Boston

Posted by Your Town  September 15, 2009 06:16 PM

Tom Cruise visited the Charles River Canoe and Kayak's new outpost near Kendall Square on Monday, and took a spin on the river, according to Marisa Leone, desk and dockhand with the company.

The Kendall location actually wasn't officially open but they opened for Cruise and gave him a private lesson. Afterwards he helped put the boats away.

Cruise and Cameron Diaz have been all over Massachusetts making a big-budget movie that's tentatively titled "Wichita." They're scheduled to film scenes on Windsor Street in Somerville on Monday.

A poster on boston.com/somerville also spotted Cruise on the river, as she says in this comment:

"Tom Cruise said Hello to me on the Charles River yesterday!!!!!! I was in my own world enjoying the beautiful weather when I saw a handsome guy in sunglasses, a t-shirt, and headset in a single-person kayak about 15 feet away who looked just like TOM CRUISE. I was so shocked I just stared at him with my mouth hanging open. He laughed and said, "Hello" and I said, "Hello." and he continued paddling. He talked with 3 guys in kayaks who seemed to know him and were giving him directions to one of the bridges. I said, "WAS THAT TOM CRUISE????" and they just smiled. One of the guys said, "Oh he gets that all the time..." But when I went back to the boathouse I found out he's in Boston filming a new movie ..."

1. Tom Cruise is a cutie; I wish I were there. Looking at Tom's blog www.tomcruise.com/blog seeing if there are any photos.

Posted by Jenny Kila September 15, 09 07:37 PM
  1. Not sure if he has all his marbles, but I still think Tom Cruise is a good actor, and yes, still think he's a hottie!

Posted by Chocgirl September 15, 09 09:30 PM
  1. OOOOOO Gosh i'm gushing ............. I can't wait till Martha Stewart ski's in Swamscott

Posted by Mr wonderfull September 15, 09 09:46 PM
  1. tom cruise and cameron diaz are coming to bridgewater to film a major plane crash scene... I got a spot as an extra as first responder

Posted by Joe September 15, 09 09:57 PM
  1. Scientology ROCKS !!!

Posted by kidvegas September 15, 09 10:17 PM
  1. Tom Cruise is a scary character; Anyone who says they belive that Psychiatry is a shame and hurts people should have their head examined...

Posted by Joseph Gardener September 15, 09 10:25 PM
  1. Wow surprised this isn't bigger news, I know if I saw an alien kayaking around the Charles river I am sure I would expect that, especially a short, goofy looking alien.

Posted by njbshu September 15, 09 10:56 PM
  1. I absolutely had nothing to do so read this article ..... I am glad I did because the comment #3 by Mr Wonderfull made me laugh. How about Martha say something on her show about her skiing later :-)

Posted by Funny September 15, 09 10:57 PM
  1. If this film is titled Wichita why don't they film this in Kansas that way the city can have one less crazed person roaming about.

Posted by Fitz September 15, 09 11:15 PM
  1. Tom Cruise is a real American hero - He would definately find those lost Emails at city hall.

Either him or Chuck Norris should run for Senator!!!

Posted by DotRat September 16, 09 12:01 AM
  1. Anyone who lets their wife give birth in 2007 without medication needs their head examined!

Posted by John D September 16, 09 12:16 AM
  1. tom is great! Just enjoy it and go on.Thumper says "If you can't say something nice don't say any thing at alll

Posted by chris September 16, 09 01:50 AM
  1. they should call the movie "true dreams of wichita" and use the Soul Coughing song as the theme song.

Posted by david day September 16, 09 01:52 AM
  1. It's amazing that people like Joseph Gardner, Njbshu and others never learned that if they don't have anything nice to say to not say it. It's actually a nice article and you have to make it sound bad...

Posted by Brittster September 16, 09 02:17 AM
  1. I met Tom Cruise on the movie set of Minority Report in 2001. He was so handsome,and very plesant to everyone. I told him at the end of filming, I will never forget the experience of watching him act in person. He is my all time favorite actor. Katie Holmes is so lucky her dreams came true. I hope to get to see him again sometime in the future.

Posted by Linda Lentine September 16, 09 06:31 PM
  1. Hi it figures, i used to own a house not far from we they are filming. I now
    live in a town next to there. He is my all time favorite actor. I just wish
    that i could meet him or even better be an extra. I can act win needed.
    I will try to go see the filming on somerville on Monday. If I can't see him oh
    well. But I am sure gonna try.
    Trish Gillis a big fan

Posted by trisha gilis September 16, 09 10:44 PM
  1. I wish i was there too.And nowadays he looks younger than ever.See his latest pics at tomcruisefan.com and judge yourself..i love him....

Posted by fatima September 22, 09 11:13 AM