THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Timberlake film to shoot at Thirsty Scholar Pub in Somerville

Posted by Travis Andersen  October 8, 2009 10:00 AM

scholar.jpg
Will Timberlake touch down at the Thirsty Scholar?

A film crew plans to shoot scenes for "The Social Network" starring Justin Timberlake in two weeks at the Thirsty Scholar Pub on Beacon Street in Somerville.

A city spokeswoman has confirmed that much about the film shoot today. Earlier, the word at the local pub was that it was "likely" that Timberlake would be at the shoot, and that a crew planned to swing by the pub tonight between 11 p.m. and midnight to "map out scenes."

City spokeswoman Jackie Rossetti said in an email that the Board of Aldermen will vote on the studio's permit application tonight.

"The information you have is consistent with what I've been told," Rossetti said, while stopping short of confirming Timberlake's appearance. "I've just heard rumors."

Neighborhood resident Amanda Garrett said in an email that she and her neighbors received flyers from Columbia Pictures stating that a crew would film at the pub on Oct. 21 and Oct. 22.

The flyer listed a number for Michael Murray of the studio's locations department. Murray did not return messages.

Timberlake would be the fourth megstar to hit Somerville in recent weeks. Ben Affleck shot scenes for his upcoming film "The Town" last weekend at Somerville Hospital. Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise filmed scenes for a movie temporarily called "Wichita" in East Somerville two weeks ago.

1. Thought of you!

Posted by Nicole October 8, 09 06:21 PM
  1. maybe the people that live near it will actually sweep the sidewalks and clean up the block for some good representation.

Posted by cambridgegreen October 8, 09 06:23 PM
  1. Now this is exciting!

Posted by E Brew October 8, 09 06:37 PM
  1. Speaking of the recently filmed "Wichita", I have heard from a guy who actually did the sets for "Wichita" and he said that this movie is really going to be the next "Mission Impossible 4". We'll see about that.

Posted by sushiman October 8, 09 09:37 PM
  1. Exciting time for the city. Not only is this film stated to be filmed in Somerville, Ben Affleck's The Town and Tom Cruise's Wichita have been filing in the city the past month as well. Just sucks that none of us true natives can't be in the film and they put actors with fake Boston accents in it instead lol. At least let us walk in the background or something.

Posted by Patrick October 9, 09 01:22 AM
  1. I could not be more excited about this if I were a 15-year old N*SYNC fan. I love the Thirsty Scholar almost as much as I love JT. Wow!

Posted by Penelope October 9, 09 09:58 AM
  1. Patrick, if you want to be an extra, I recommend www.bostoncasting.com. They also cast speaking roles. A bunch of people I know have gotten calls from them.

Posted by KP October 9, 09 10:31 AM
  1. That used to be my local. I love that bar.

Posted by Diamondgirl October 9, 09 11:02 AM
  1. Is he bringing "sexy" with him?

Posted by Britney October 9, 09 11:35 AM
  1. Quite frankly, I'd wager the movie would gross more if Violetta had the lead!!

Posted by Kev's friend October 9, 09 12:07 PM
  1. Great, yet another fun bar in Boston bites the dust. Three cheers ladies, here comes more men in tight pants and neon colored drinks. It should be called the "Thirsty Metro" after this.

Posted by Chelsea October 9, 09 01:29 PM
  1. I'm pretty sure this is the first sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Posted by Vic October 9, 09 01:31 PM
  1. All boston accents are already fake. Makes no difference if an "outsider" fakes it. I don't care if your from HAWvard or Quincy you got bred in fake accents! My limey ol man used to make me practice it just to make sure I got it down and didn't get beat up by anybotty. So dere!

Posted by Mick October 9, 09 02:15 PM
  1. Sexy never left Somerville.

Posted by ApostropheCatastrophes October 19, 09 10:59 AM