This press release was submitted by Save A Dog Humane Society of Sudbury.
Save A Dog Humane Society of Sudbury will once again host its annual Paws in the Park Dog Walk and Fundraiser on Sunday, May 5th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the grounds of the historic Wayside Inn, 72 Wayside Inn Road. There is plenty of free parking with handicapped parking available.
Families, dogs and dog lovers are invited to come and have fun while raising money for the rescue and care of more homeless dogs. Attendees can visit the many vendor booths lining the field with other dog and cat rescue organizations, products and services, bid on silent auction items, buy raffle tickets, and enjoy refreshments from the food court.
Please visit the website for participating rescue organizations and vendors:
The first 100 dogs receive a free goody bag and bandana.
Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 5-12, and under age 5 is free. Free Admission to those who bring in pledges of $10 or more!
Schedule of Events:
- 10:45 a.m. -- “Find Your Litter Mates” for those who have adopted a dog from Save A Dog that was part of a litter
- 11:00 a.m. -- Join the Group Walk around the Wayside Grist Mill
- 11:30 a.m. -- Dancing Dogs Demonstration by Canine Aspirations
- 12:00 p.m. -- Frisbee Dogs demonstration by Mike Piazza
- 12:30 p.m. -- Parade of Adoptable Dogs
- 1:00 p.m. -- Silly Dog Games - compete for prizes including the cutest dog, largest and smallest dogs, doggie dress-up, and owner look-alikes
- 2:00 p.m. -- Dancing Dog Demonstration by Canine Aspirations
Dogs are also invited to participate in the agility course ($5 fee) and play water games. Kids can enjoy face painting, games, and a bouncy house.
The event will take place rain or shine. Dogs are welcome as long as they enjoy being around other dogs and children. For safety’s sake, a 6’ or shorter leash is recommended, please no retractable leashes. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome to relax and watch the events.
Save A Dog, incorporated in 1999, is an all-breed Humane Society Dog Rescue and Adoption Facility located in Sudbury. It is a private non-profit 501c3 organization that relies solely on its volunteers, fundraising events, and private donations. To date, over 4000 dogs have been rescued and placed in permanent and loving homes.
For more information about Save A Dog, Paws in the Park, volunteer or adoption opportunities, please visit: www.saveadog.org