A small chemical discharge from a science lab caused a building at Wellesley College to be evacuated Monday afternoon, college officials said.
Around 4 p.m. Wellesley police and fire responded to a building at the Science Center at the college when sulfuric acid fumes escaped a chemical safety hood, said Wellesley Police Lieutenant Marie Cleary.
Police recommended the building be evacuated, said Cleary. A hazardous material team responded to the call.
There were no injuries or fire, said Wellesley College spokesperson, Arlie Corday.
Clean up will happen overnight, however, the building was open Monday night to allow students and teacher to retrieve their belongings. The building will officially open Tuesday at 8 a.m., said Corday.