Newton Upper Falls
Developed after the Revolution, Newton Upper Falls was home to the sawmill that in 1688 used Newtons portion of the Charles River as a power source for the first time. Eventually the town became a prototype of the self-contained New England mill village, as textile mills, iron works, and machine shops brought workers and their families to the area. The area still uses the mill buildings for retail and commercial businesses.
The depot station in Newton Upper Falls.