DESSERT: Chocolate truffles
How to make:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream just to a boil.
2.Remove from heat immediately. Add the chopped chocolate, soft butter and flavor of your choice, and stir until the mixture – ganache—is completely smooth.
3. Cool, cover, and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
4.Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. You can also pipe the ganache on parchment paper, then roll in your hands.
5. Dip chocolate in coating chocolate (optional).
6. Roll each ball in the cocoa. Keep refrigerated.
7. You also can roll the truffles in such toppings as chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or powdered sugar.